WCSR began in 1955 as 100-watt AM station WBSE in downtown Hillsdale. In 1962 the station moved to its current location at 170 North West Street, with the AM growing to 500 watts and the call letters being changed to WCSR. In 1974, FM 92.1, a 6000 watt station, was born, and the rest, as they say, is history! WCSR has been owned by the Flynn family since 1982, and Tony Flynn has been with the stations since 1961.
WCSR is operated by general manager/news director Mike Flynn, general sales manager Gary Floyd, local sales manager Cyndi Young, program director Bob Flynn, and office/traffic manager Juli Morgan.
The People's Choice!
For the last several years, WCSR has been voted favorite radio station and our own Bob Flynn is voted favorite d.j. in the People's Choice Awards. Thanks to everyone in the listening audience who votes for us!
Hillsdale College Charger Hall of Fame
Small Business of the Year!
On February 2, 2000, WCSR Radio was named Hillsdale County's Small Business of the Year by the Hillsdale County Chamber of Commerce! General Manager Mike Flynn was on hand to accept the award and thanked everyone for choosing WCSR for this prestigious honor.
Honored by the American Legion: